Wednesday, July 1, 2009

You would think that after a full day at the beach, you would crash in your bed until the next day, but for some reason, we always have plenty of energy for extracorricular activities. There must be something in the air (the fish smelling air that is) that makes you high on vacation and sends some extra adrenaline pumping through the veins.

The girls on a pier near our hotel. The people that were fishing were catching baby sharks everywhere. Hmm....that will make you feel safe in the ocean!




Bowling

Rhett with Jim's grandmother.



Lydia was too tired to bowl.



Emmy did a great job!



We went to Broadway at the beach to ride some kiddie rides. The girls had so much fun.







Emmy has been talking about this ride since she did it last year. It's one of those things that makes you jump real high. This year, Lydia got to do it too!





I'm including this story, because I believe the girls learned the following language from a certain uncle and future aunt. They will remain nameless because I can't prove it at this time. This conversation took place in my kitchen a few days ago. Lydia and Emmy were fighting over a toy and finally Lydia came up with this:
Lydia: Emmy! I'm gonna mack you!
Crystal: (Mack, I've never heard that word before, I wonder what she means, wait, does she mean smack?!?)
Emmy: (holding hand up) Shut It Lydia! Just Shut It!!
Crystal: (dazed and confused, yet trying to keep a stern face while figuring out what to say to this new form of communication.) Girls, that's not nice to say to each other! (yep, that's all I could come up with before turning around and laughing.)


Amazingly, I still have more pictures to post.

No comments: