Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Ultimate Tattle Teller!

Poor Jim just couldn't catch a break and is the subject of the girls quotes this week. Rhett, however didn't have much to say about him, but if he could talk, maybe he'd say something like this....

"mmm....I love the smell of armpits!"



"Yeah, do you see what my tee shirt says?... "All Star", Rock Star works too".



While waiting in the car after church for Jim in a meeting, Emmy grew impatient...
Emmy:I'm hungry.
Crystal: I am too, we'll be eating soon.
Emmy: Daddy needs to stop preaching already!
Crystal: Umm Emmy, Daddy is in a meeting, he's already done preaching.


First let me set up the picture below. This would not be one of Jim's better judgement calls. After walking into the house, Jim absentmindedly put Rhett down at the first available place, the girls stroller. This would not be my idea of the place to put a baby down, but hey, what goes through a male's brain is beyond my comprehension. While I gave Jim a blank look of "what are you doing with our son?", Lydia seized the opportunity to take a live baby for a stroll and took off. At which point, Jim's brain began to work properly and ran after Lydia trying to stop her. When he succeeded, I took this picture and Rhett was promptly removed, without harm.

Lydia has become charismatic in her praying and loves to interject into our prayers as she sees fit. This was a recent interjection that took place at bedtime.
Crystal: (Praying for a list of things on one of the girls beds.)
Lydia (sitting at the edge of the bed, head bowed, thinks of something to pray for): And Daddy SPANKED ME!, and he did this (waving hands in the air) and then this (some other hand motion) (I later found out Jim tossed her in the air and it scared her) and hmmmp (an aggravated sigh) AMEN!
Hey, when you don't like management, you complain to upper management.



2 comments:

carly said...

ahhh, so familar. Like a typical day at the Hall house! love it!

Unknown said...

you so have your hands full! It's so funny :-) My house basically consists of the the big boy and the little boy arguing. haha